North Korea And Coronavirus – level 2
The leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-un has not appeared in public often in recent months. This is very unusual, and many people speculate about the reasons.
Last week, Kim chaired a meeting with other politicians, and it seemed that Kim tried to keep away from them. However, no one wore a face mask during the meeting.
The politicians spoke about business and about life in North Korea; however, they did not talk about the coronavirus. North Korea officials say that the country has no confirmed cases of COVID-19, which is hard to believe. South Korea, the neighbor of North Korea, said that it is possible that the coronavirus is in North Korea.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.