North Korea Nuclear Tests – level 2
Kim Jong-un, the leader of North Korea, said that North Korea could start nuclear tests and introduce a new weapon soon. The last test of a long-range weapon took place in November 2017.
North Korea and the US signed a deal, and North Korea promised to remove all nuclear weapons. However, Kim’s opinion changed because the US imposed more sanctions on the country and continued military trainings with South Korea.
Kim stopped negotiations with the US government, but the US president, Donald Trump, said that the relationship between North Korea and the US is very good. Trump hopes that Kim does not start the nuclear tests and that he continues to remove nuclear weapons.
Difficult words: long-range weapon (a weapon that can hit an object that is very far), remove (to put away), impose (to force somebody to accept something), sanction (a punishment that one country does to another country, such as stop business with that country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos