North Korea Nuclear Tests – level 3
North Korea may soon start nuclear and missile tests, as the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, said that he does not feel bound to his suspension of such tests.
Kim complained that he did not get anything in return for the suspension. Instead, he pointed out that the US imposed more sanctions on the country and continued military trainings with South Korea and sell it weapons.
Kim stopped to negotiations with the US administration, and he warned that North Korea will show a new strategic weapon in the near future.
The US president, Donald Trump, told reporters that the relationship between North Korea and the US is very good. Trump also reminded that Kim signed a contract for denuclearization, and he hopes that Kim will keep his word.
Difficult words: bound (to be forced to do something), suspension (the act of stopping something), denuclearization (the act of removing nuclear weapons from a place), keep your word (to keep your promise).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.