North Korea tests an H-bomb – level 2
North Korea says that it successfully tested a miniaturised hydrogen bomb. If true, this would be the fourth nuclear test by the isolated country.
North Korea says that it will continue its nuclear programme to protect itself against the USA. It also said that it will be a responsible nuclear state – it will not give a nuclear bomb to other parties.
Leaders across the world responded to this news. The Japanese Prime Minister said that Japan could not tolerate North Korea’s nuclear testing.
Difficult words: miniaturised (small), hydrogen bomb (people also it call the H-bomb; a type of a very powerful nuclear bomb), party (a group of people).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news about North Korea?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.