Northern White Rhinos – level 3
The world’s last known male of the northern white rhino subspecies is getting worse due to his age of 45, which in human terms means that he is 100 years old.
The CEO of Ol Pejeta Conservancy said all they can do for Sudan the rhino is make life as easy for him as possible. Sudan lives at the conservancy in Kenya with two female white rhinos who are also the last of their kind. Scientists hope to save the rhino subspecies by using southern white rhinos as surrogates to carry northern white rhino embryos and give birth.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.