Norway Landslide – level 1
In the north of Norway big landslide happens. The earth starts to move into the sea. Eight houses end up in the sea. A man films the landslide. He sees that the land is moving. He runs away. The landslide destroys the man´s house.
Most houses are holiday homes. It means that they are empty now. The police say that nobody is hurt.
A dog gets stuck on a piece of land. The dog cannot run away. Rescuers in a helicopter save the dog.
Experts say that landslides are very normal in Norway. However, this landslide is very big. It is 2,100 feet wide and 492 feet high. It is not usual in this part of Norway.
Difficult words: landslide (when a big piece of land or rock start to move down a mountain or into sea), destroy (to break into many little pieces), get stuck (when somebody cannot move away from a place).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.