Not enough baby formula – level 2
In February, officials started to investigate Abbott, a baby formula factory in Michigan, US.
They investigated it because some parents said that their babies got sick after they ate the company’s formula. Some children ended up in the hospital, and one baby even died.
Only a few days later, Abbott called back two of its formulas, and then people couldn’t buy formulas in shops. This problem was serious for some parents, since they didn’t have enough formula to feed their babies. Some parents tried to buy it from abroad, but even online shops were quickly depleted.
Four main companies in the US make baby formula. When one of the companies makes less, it affects the other companies, too. This new problem is another big issue for companies after the COVID- pandemic.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.