Not enough baby formula – level 3
In February, an investigation started in a Michigan baby formula factory called Abbott. Several consumers complained that their babies were hospitalized after they ate the company’s baby formula. One of the infants later died.
A few days after the death, Abbott recalled on two of its powdered formulas from the facility, and the company stopped its production. This event impacted an already weak supply chain that wasn’t recovered after the pandemic.
The American baby formula market has four key companies, including Abbott, so when one company’s supply stops, it affects the whole market. Now, parents are struggling to find baby formula, and they even try shipping it from abroad. Additionally, they are concerned about the safety of formula.
Difficult words: baby formula (a powder that is mixed with water to make a substitute for human breast milk), infant (a very young child or baby), recall (to call back officially).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos