Notting Hill Carnival – level 2
Notting Hill is a district in North-west London. It is the place of the annual Notting Hill Carnival. It is Europe’s biggest street party and the second biggest carnival in the world.
It began in the ’60s when only a few hundred people came. It grew bigger every year and two million people came this year. The weather was nice and everybody had a good time.
There were also 9,000 police officers who kept the people safe. One policewoman explained that they were trying a face recognition technology there. It would identify people who should not be at the carnival.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.