Novak Djokovic and COVID-19 vaccine – level 1
Novak Djokovic is a tennis player. He comes from Serbia. He is the best player in the world now. He is one of the best players ever.
Djokovic doesn’t want a COVID-19 vaccine. He says that he is strong and healthy. He travels to Australia for the Australian Open. He wins the Australian Open last year. Australian officials send him home only one day before the Australian Open. They do this because he doesn’t have a vaccine.
Djokovic is very angry. More problems start. Serbia stops a big business with Australia.
Djokovic knows that he must have a vaccine at some tournaments. He doesn’t know when it will be possible to play again. He is thinking about if it is a good idea to get the vaccine.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.