Novak Djokovic wins Wimbledon – level 3
Serbian star Novak Djokovic won his fourth consecutive Wimbledon title and the seventh title overall.
His opponent, Australian Nick Kyrgios, qualified for the final after Rafael Nadal pulled out due to injury. Despite the play in his first grand slam final, Kyrgios played hard, and he served 30 aces. He showed no concerns he might be number 3; however, the experienced Djokovic eventually seized control of the game.
Djokovic won Wimbledon men’s singles title in 2018, 2019, and 2021; 2020 was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Djokovic is now one grand slam title behind the all-time record set by Rafael Nadal. After the game, Djokovic said Kyrgios was an amazing talent, and the tournament and trophy meant everything to him.
Difficult words: consecutive (follow one another without an interruption), pull out (to stop involvement in an activity), grand slam (a set of four major championships in tennis).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos