Nuclear fusion – level 1
An atom is the smallest thing that science can find. The nucleus is center of the atom. More than one nucleus are nuclei. Nuclear fission is a scientific process. Two atoms’s nuclei hit each other. This crash makes a lot of power.
People can make nuclear fission. The process happens in nuclear power plants. People make electricity.
Nuclear fusion is another process. A heavy atom’s nucleus splits during nuclear fusion. It makes a lot of power, too.
Nuclear fusion happens in every star in the universe. For many years, scientists try to make nuclear fusion. They want to succeed. Their work will make limitless energy for the world. This energy will also be clean.
The work is not easy to make nuclear fusion. Many universities and organizations in all the world are working on it. Scientists can make the fusion. Sadly, they can’t start the fusion. They need a lot of power.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.