Nuclear fusion – level 2
Nuclear fission is a process when two or more atomic nuclei hit each other, and it creates a lot of energy. People use this energy to power nuclear power plants around the world.
Nuclear fusion is a process when a heavy atomic nucleus splits. It creates a lot of energy, too. Nuclear fusion happens in all stars in the universe, and it has always fascinated scientists. For many years, they tried to create nuclear fusion. The creation would make limitless and clean energy for people.
Nuclear fusion is difficult to create. Many universities and governments tried to successfully do it.
Scientists now know how to make fusion, but they cannot start the fusion reaction yet. To start it would be like making a star on Earth.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.