Oil Tanker Explodes – level 3
On Saturday, there was an explosion on a Mexican oil tanker. About 15 or 20 minutes later, lifeboats came down from the tanker and the crew was evacuated.
The tanker, called Burgos, belongs to the Mexican state oil company Pemex. The blaze broke out about 13 kilometres from the port city of Boca del Rio in the Gulf of Mexico.
The fire follows a series of other mishaps at Pemex, which now is coping with major losses. The company says the cause of the fire is not known, but that all of the crew is safe.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.