Old Bones Are Found – level 3
People made a discovery during restoration work at one of Peru’s earliest Christian sites, the Saint Francis of Assisi Temple.
Buried deep inside this centuries-old crypt that archaeologists accidentally stumbled upon, are human bones that could total up to 32 complete skeletons.
The remains are in bad condition after hundreds of years’ worth of disturbances at the site. Archaeologists say that the crypt, which is thought to be more than 500 years old, was used as a burial site for early believers. A mural of the Christian nativity scene, which people believe is part of the original decoration at the temple, was also found.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about what they found?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.