Old lady is attacked – level 2
An old woman went to her local pharmacist. Someone followed her on her way back home.
She reached her front door where a man approached her and snatched her bag. The 80-year-old lady fell on the ground. Luckily, she was not hurt seriously. People later found her bag. Nothing was missing.
A security camera filmed the moment when the man attacked the lady. The police released the video. The robber was in his late teens. Police are appealing people for any information.
Difficult words: pharmacist (person who gives you medicine), snatch (to take something from somebody quickly), robber (person who steals), appeal (ask).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been attacked in the street?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.