Old lady is robbed – level 1
This news is about an old lady. She is 71 years old. She is in a wheelchair. She goes shopping with her carer.
Her carer leaves her for a moment. A woman sees this. She gets behind the old lady. She searches through her bag and takes around £100.
The criminal than leaves the shop. A security camera films the situation. Police look for this criminal.
Difficult words: wheelchair (a chair which can move), carer (a person who helps somebody), search through (to look inside to find something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How would you punish the thief?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.