Old lady is robbed – level 3
This is the moment a shameless couple was caught stealing a purse from a disabled pensioner.
The 71-year-old victim who lives in a nursing home was targeted, as she went shopping in a branch of Wilkinsons with a carer in Rushden in Northamptonshire.
CCTV shows the victim looking at items on shelves, slowly moving along in her electric wheelchair with a blue blanket covering her legs.
As her carer walks on, a woman in a pink jumper leans over and rummages in a bag hanging on the back of the wheelchair.
Cameras from the store then show the woman in pink take the purse, which contained more than £100.
She then passed it on to a man in a dark jacket and a cap, and they made their way to the exit.
The theft happened on Wednesday the 7th of January. Northamptonshire Police say officers investigating the case would like to speak to anyone he was in the store at that time and saw the couple or who knows who they are.
Difficult words: shameless (a shameless person does not feel bad when he or she does something bad), disabled (a condition that makes it difficult to move or to think), target (to pick), branch (a shop which is part of a larger business), CCTV (security camera video), rummage (to search something).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.