Old Letter in a Chimney – level 2
Builders were tearing down an old chimney in a house in England when they found a letter. A little boy about 73 years ago addressed the letter to Father Christmas (Santa).
The boy wanted chalk, house shoes, and any toy that Santa had to spare. The builders were surprised to find this letter in the chimney. They also could see that children ask for a lot more these days.
The builders put a picture of the letter on Facebook. Surprisingly, the person who wrote the letter contacted them and met with them. The builders gave the old man what he wanted all those years ago.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the builders finding the old man’s letter?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.