Old man is hit by a train – level 1
A man is at a level crossing. He is 77 years old. He is from the Czech Republic, Europe. The man starts to walk through the level crossing.
A train comes. The man does not know about the train. Suddenly, the train is behind the man. The man falls on the ground. His shoe flies away.
The man slowly walks away. He is not injured. He must pay £100.
Difficult words: level crossing (area where a road and a road for trains meet), suddenly (quickly), injured (have problems with the body), to fly away (the train hit the shoe and moved it away fast).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you help this man?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.