Old Pets in Belgium – level 1
When a pet’s owner dies, the pet can be abandoned. These pets can be old. People also abandon old pets when they cannot pay for the vet.
The abandoned pets need help. They need a home and some love. There is a shelter for them in Belgium.
A married couple runs the shelter. They say that it is hard work. They even quit their normal jobs. However, when they see that an animal is happy, they are happy too.
Difficult words: owner (a person who own – has a pet), abandon (leave, stop looking after), shelter (a place which takes care of animals).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos