Old ship discovery – level 2
Swedish archaeologists found a shipwreck of a 17th century ship. The name of the ship was Applet, and it was a sister ship of the warship Vasa.
Workers built Vasa in 1628, and unfortunately, it sank on its first journey near Stockholm after it sailed only 900 meters. The ship is 69 meters long and it is the world’s best preserved ship from the 17th century. The same shipbuilder of Vasa also built Applet in 1629.
When divers found the shipwreck, they hoped that it was Applet. A part of the ship sank to the bottom, but the main body remained. Archaeologists decided to leave Applet in the sea because removal was too difficult.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.