Old Walt Disney movie is found – level 3
The long-lost Walt Disney Christmas film Empty Socks from 1927 has been found and restored in Norway.
The film was found in 2008 during a review of nitrate film in northern Norway, but it was only identified as the missing film earlier this year.
An American animation historian recognised the story as “Empty Socks,” starring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, a forerunner to Mickey Mouse and the movie had been considered lost.
The Oswald the Lucky Rabbit character was created by Disney and his chief animator in 1927.
They produced a series of 26 films with the character before Mickey Mouse was created in 1928.
The film has now been digitally restored with copies sent to the Walt Disney Company in America, while the original remains in the National Library Archives.
The historic film which lasts for five minutes and 30 seconds, with around one minute missing in the middle, will be shown at the National Library in Norway on the 17th of December.
Difficult words: restore (to fix something to how it was before), nitrate (substances containing nitrogen and oxygen from which movies used to be made), forerunner (something which existed before something similar came), chief (most important), produce (to create and make available to everyone).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.