Old Windmill in London – level 1
In South London, there is a 200-year-old building. It is Brixton Flour Mill. It is the only working flour mill in London. For 200 years, it runs in the same way.
Inside the mill, people turn grain into flour. They take the grain and put it in a machine. Inside the machine, two stones crush the grain. The grain turns into flour. It comes out into a bag.
People want to build an educational centre at the windmill. They need people’s help.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.