Olympic Athletes Age – level 1
The date changes for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. The new date is summer 2021. Many athletes qualify for the 2020 Olympics. These athletes can take part in the 2021 Olympics, too.
However, some athletes have a problem with their age. There is an age limit for athletes. Some athletes are too old next year. Some athletes are too young this year. It is a difficult situation.
The International Olympic Committee says that it is possible to change the age limits. However, sports federations must decide what to do.
More athletes can qualify for the 2021 Olympics. Sports federations plan competitions and games for athletes. The health of the athletes is the most important thing. Sports federations must be fair. All athletes must get a chance to qualify for the 2021 Olympics.
Difficult words: qualify (when an athlete can compete because he follows certain rules), age limit (the age at which a person can or cannot do something), sports federation (an organization that looks after athletes and teams and that plans competitions and games).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos