One World Trade Center – level 1
There were two buildings in New York. They looked the same. They were the Twin Towers. They are not in New York now. They were destroyed in 2001.
Now there is a new building. It is the One Trade Center. It has 104 storeys. It cost 3.9 billion dollars to make.
One company moves into the building. It has floors 20 to 44. More people will move in the building in 2015.
Difficult words: were (past of “be”), storey (floor), company (a business).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How do you like the new building?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.