Orangutan in Florida – level 1
This news is from Florida. An orangutan is at a theme park. She escapes from her enclosure. People do not know how she escapes. They try to find out.
People shoot the orangutan with a special gun. This gun does not kill her. She only starts to sleep. People put her back into her enclosure.
Difficult words: theme park (a big place with many fun things), escape (get out from somewhere), enclosure (where an animal can live).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos