Orcas in Russia – level 1
Four orcas are in the far east of Russia. They get trapped between ice. People help them. They take a small boat and go to the orcas.
People move the ice. They make space for the orcas. This takes hours. Three orcas get free. One of them is young.
The fourth orca is still trapped. People wait for higher waters. When there’s more water, the orca joins the others.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.