Oscars Delayed – level 3
The Oscars are being delayed eight weeks due to the coronavirus pandemic.
On Monday, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences and ABC Television Network announced that the 93rd ceremony for the prestigious film awards will air on the 25thof April, 2021. The Academy is also extending the deadline for movies to be submitted. Instead of requiring them to be screened in 2020, movies released up to the 28thof February, 2021, will be eligible for an Oscar.
The announcement comes after an extremely unstable year in the film industry. The coronavirus pandemic stopped productions, closed theaters, and postponed film festivals like Cannes, which precedes the Oscar ceremony.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.