Pakistan cable car rescue – level 3
Eight people were rescued from a cable car that got stuck hundreds of meters above a ravine in north-west Pakistan.
A military helicopter and ground teams conducted a risky operation to rescue them. The group, which included six children aged 10 to 16, was on their way to school when one of the cables snapped. They were safely brought to the ground using a zip line, and a relieved crowd celebrated their rescue.
Pakistan’s army described the mission as extremely difficult and dangerous. The incident occurred near the city of Battagram in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. The mountainous area is located at an altitude of 2,000 meters above sea level, and there is little infrastructure like roads and basic facilities. The cable car, known as Dolly, is used for transportation in the region.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What type of infrastructure is present in the mountainous area near the city of Battagram in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.