Pakistan Plane Crash – level 1
A plane crashes in Pakistan. The accident happens near the Karachi airport.
The pilot talks with the airport. The pilot says that he has problems with the plane’s engines. The engines do not work. The pilot tries to land at the airport.
However, he is not successful. The plane crashes into nearby houses. The crash destroys five houses. Several people must go to hospital.
107 people are on board. Only two people survive the crash. They are in hospital. However, they can speak. They have burns on their bodies.
Police finds the black box. Now, they must check it. They want to know why the plane crashes.
Difficult words: engine (a part of a machine that makes the machine move), survive (to stay alive after an accident happens), black box (a box that records all information about a plane and what the pilots say).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.