Pakistan Plane Crash – level 3
On Friday, a Pakistani international passenger plane crashed near the Pakistani city of Karachi.
The airbus A320, that was carrying 99 passengers and eight crew members, crashed into a crowded residential area near the Karachi airport. Several residents had to be taken to hospital, five houses were destroyed, and 15 other houses were damaged.
Witnesses say that the plane attempted to land at the airport two or three times. Seconds before the crash, the pilot told air traffic controllers that he had lost power from both engines. Two male passengers, who survived the crash, suffered burns; however, they are in stable condition.
Friday’s crash is the worst since 2010 when a plane crashed near Islamabad, killing 152 people on board.
Difficult words: airbus (a type of plane that is designed to carry a large number of passengers for shorter distances), air traffic controller (this person works at an airport and he controls and monitors air traffic), stable condition (when a patient’s state is not getting worse).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos