Panda in Washington – level 1
This news is from Washington’s National Zoo. A panda is born there. Its name is Bei Bei.
For the first five months, the panda is with its mother. People cannot see it. Now, they can see the panda for the first time.
People are really excited. They are cheering. The panda is like a rock star.
Difficult words: be born (to leave the mother’s body and start living in this world), excited (happy), cheer (to yell because you are very happy).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.