Panic at Disco – level 2
Somebody sprayed a substance similar to pepper spray at a nightclub in Italy which made people panic, and there was a stampede.
Six people died in the stampede and 50 more were injured. Five of the killed were teenagers. The incident happened early on Saturday morning.
Difficult words: substance (gas or liquid), panic (when you get so scared you start to run away without thinking), stampede (when many people get scared and start running).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.