Panic in Hawaii – level 1
On Saturday, January 13th, people in Hawaii panic. They get a text message. It says that a missile is flying to Hawaii.
People think that they are going to die. They call their family and their friends. They find safe places to go.
However, there is no real danger. The emergency text message is a mistake. The next day, the Hawaii governor says that he is sorry.
Difficult words: missile (a long, flying bomb), emergency (a dangerous situation), governor (the leader of a state).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos