Paris and COVID pass – level 1
People in Paris, France, protest against the COVID pass system. The COVID pass system means that people can go to some places. This is only when they get full vaccination. Or it is when they have a negative COVID-19 test.
These places are cinemas, restaurants, shops, and others. The French government says that this will help make more people get vaccinations. If people do not get vaccinations, more people may be sick. Then another lockdown may come. Some people do not agree with this.
People protest for the 9th weekend in Paris. Many children get vaccinations before school starts. Some parents protest. One 11-year-old boy says that he does not want to be a part of the government’s tests.
Difficult words: protest (to say or show that you are angry), vaccination (when somebody gets an injection which stops him from getting a disease), lockdown (a situation when people cannot go to some places, or they must not leave their homes), experiment (a test which scientists do when they want to find out how something works).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.