Paris Deal – level 2
In 2015, 195 countries signed the Paris Climate Agreement. The deal is for countries to keep the increase of global temperature below 2 degrees Celsius. It is an important thing to do to lower the impact of climate change.
Nobody forced the countries to sign the deal. If a country decides to leave the deal, it can. Also, if a country does not reach the goal of the deal, nothing happens. Everybody still knows that it is important to make changes that will protect our planet.
Many large companies decided to lower emissions to zero by 2050 and now, more companies are putting money into clean energy and green technologies. They believe that it is the right thing to do.
Difficult words: global temperature (how warm our planet is), climate change (how the weather and nature changes as a result of people’s activity), emissions (the gasses that cars and factories produce).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.