Party and Police – level 3
On Wednesday night, twenty-two police officers were injured and their vehicles were damaged after an illegal street party in Brixton, South London, descended into violence and chaos.
According to people who were at the event, the party started peacefully with a barbecue and music. After complaints from other residents, police officers encouraged the crowd to leave and they tried to break up the party. The majority of people left when the music was turned off; however, police officers said that they were confronted by a hostile crowd, and things got out of hand.
Four people have been arrested for assault and public order offences, and they remain in police custody. Two police officers and two other people required hospital treatment.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.