Party at a Religious Place – level 1
Nabi Musa is a shrine in Palestine. A shrine is a religious place. People go there and they pray. People dedicate a shrine to a religious person. People dedicate Nabi Musa to the Prophet Moses. They build Nabi Musa in the 12th century.
A party is at Nabi Musa last week. A Palestinian DJ has a concert there. Some angry men come to the concert. They make the visitors leave.
Police arrest the DJ. She must stay with the police for more than 15 days. The DJ´s brother does not agree with the police. He says that the party is legal.
People sign a petition on the Internet. They hope that the DJ will be free soon.
Difficult words: religious (something that relates to a god), dedicate (when people do something because they want to show respect for a person), petition (an official document that a lot of people sign because they want to change something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.