Passengers do not want to wear masks – level 2
A US organization for flights said that there were more incidents on planes when passengers did not want to follow rules, and they even attacked flight attendants.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, traveling changed, and since January, the number of incidents on US planes went up a lot. Most of the incidents had to do with wearing masks. Passengers must agree that they will wear masks during a flight, but they do not always want to do it. They are angry, and they attack the workers.
Flight attendants can take a special training where they learn how to deal with such passengers. The organization said that it would not tolerate any attacks on flight attendants, and anyone who threaten or attack them, could get a fine of up to 37,000 dollars.
Difficult words: tolerate (to allow something unpleasant to be happening), threaten (to tell someone that you will hurt him or make problems if he does not do what you want), fine (money which someone has to pay when he breaks a rule).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.