Pele dies – level 1
Pele is one of the best soccer players in the world. He dies on Thursday. He is 82 years old. Pele comes from Brazil. His family is very poor. He becomes a star. He is an important person of the 20th century.
Everyone knows Pele. His career in soccer goes for 21 years. He scores 1,283 goals. He wins the World Cup three times. He is the only person to do it.
People love him as a person, too. He always smiles. He loves helping others.
Pele dies in hospital in Sao Paulo. He dies from cancer.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.