Penguin Fathers Care for a Baby – level 1
This happens at Sydney Aquarium. Two male penguins are in a same-sex relationship. A breeding couple has an extra egg. People give the egg to the two male penguins.
The two fathers keep the egg warm. The little penguin hatches. The fathers feed it. They continue to keep it warm.
When the baby gets bigger, the fathers can teach it to swim.
Difficult words: male (a man), same-sex relationship (when two men or two women are in a relationship together), breeding couple (a couple which can have babies – a male and a female), hatch (come out of an egg).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos