People and Healthcare – level 2
On Friday, Pope Francis gave his speech on the World Day of the Sick. He said that world governments must make sure that there is health care available for all people.
The Pope criticized the fact that people who live in poverty do not get medical care when they need it. He said that world leaders must focus on the problem and not let money problems push health aside. The Pope also said that attacks on medical professionals who work in war areas must stop. He believes that these attacks do not help end wars.
Difficult words: speech (when someone speaks in front of people), poverty (when people are extremely poor), push aside (to ignore).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos