People burn buses – level 1
This news is from a Brazilian city. The city provides transportation services. Some people want better services. They protest. They burn buses.
They burn six buses. They damage nine other vehicles. This costs 2 million dollars.
Difficult words: provide (to offer; to let people use something), transportation services (services like using the bus), vehicle (something like a bus or a car).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this protest?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.