People buy jeans again – level 1
There are less coronavirus restrictions now. This means that people can do more activities. They can go shopping again. Many people buy a type of pants called jeans. Jeans are made out of a material that can last a long time.
Levi Strauss is an American company. It is the biggest manufacturer of jeans clothes in the world. The company starts in 1853. It makes the first blue jeans in the world. Only workers wear blue jeans at that time.
Many clothes manufacturers have factories in Vietnam. Many factories close during the coronavirus. Levi Strauss does not have problems. The company has a few factories. In the last three months, the company makes 41% more money than before.
Difficult words: restriction (a rule which says what people can do), manufacturer (a person or company which makes things, and people buy them), factory (a building where people and machines make things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.