People buy jeans again – level 3
Levi Strauss beat revenue and profit estimates, boosted by an uptick in demand for jeans from people getting new clothes for their wardrobes amid the easing of health restrictions.
Shares of the iconic jeans maker shot up more than 9% on Thursday, one day after the company reported that its revenues jumped by 41%. While supply issues have hurt many companies, analysts expect Levi Strauss to face less pressure because it doesn’t rely much on Vietnam where several factories closed because of the health crisis.
Levi Strauss was a German-born American businessman who started the first company to make blue jeans. His business Levi Strauss & Co. began in 1853 in San Francisco, California. He went into business with one of his customers, and the two men created the new style of work pants in 1873.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.