People do not sleep enough – level 1
Many people are sleeping less. It is a big problem mainly in big cities.
People like routines. A routine means that they like doing usual things at usual times. They wake up or go to sleep at the same time every day. They eat at the same time.
Then the coronavirus changes people´s routines. It makes people upset. They have problems with sleeping. People get ill more easily if they do not sleep enough.
They can have more serious health problems, for example, heart disease or obesity. People can also have problems thinking clearly. They take more risks. Risks are times when you might get hurt. It is very dangerous.
Many people do not think that it is important to sleep enough. They sleep less because they want to do more work.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.