People drink bleach – level 3
Miracle Mineral Solution, or MMS, has been around since the 1990s. The chemical is one part sodium chloride, a chemical disinfectant, and one part acid. MMS is industrial grade bleach that smells like a very chlorinated swimming pool.
The chemical shot in popularity in 2020 after former US president Donald Trump suggested disinfectant as a possible COVID treatment. If you drink MMS, it can kill you; however, this fact didn’t stop tens of thousands of people around the world from using it to cure all kinds of conditions, including Autism, COVID-19, and arthritis.
According to toxicologists, MMS kills bacteria and germs, and it kills human tissue, too. A survey showed that 6% of respondents reported they inhaled bleach vapors, and 4% reported they drank or gargled it.
In 2020, federal officials arrested some of the biggest sellers of MMS, but consumer bleach is still for sale on mainstream shopping sites like Amazon and eBay.
Difficult words: disinfectant (a chemical liquid that destroys bacteria), gargle (to hold and rinse a liquid in the mouth or throat), vapor (a substance in the form of gas that mixes with the air).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What are the dangers of Miracle Mineral Solution?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos