People Help a Dog – level 1
This news is about a dog. It is from Peru. It looks for food in a canal. It gets lost. It finds a hole. It wants to go through the hole. The hole is too small. It is big enough only for the dog’s head.
It puts its head through the hole. The head gets stuck. The dog cannot move. Its head is on one side and its body is on the other side.
People see the dog. They give it water. They make the hole bigger. The dog gets free. It is fine.
Difficult words: canal (an open tunnel for water), hole (some space), stuck (something which is stuck cannot move).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have a dog?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos