People Help a Dog – level 3
A dog named Nikki got lost when she was searching for food in a canal in Peru’s rural area of San Martin.
She later emerged through a hole just big enough for her head to poke through. She was trapped, but people gave her water while they worked out a rescue plan. After residents dug a hole big enough for her to escape, she was finally free, and she walked away with no reported injuries.
Residents hope that Nikki may now find a comfortable home.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Do you have a dog?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.